Thursday, February 21, 2013

Johnny Beaudine and Deep Blue - Chicago Blues

Wow. I just checked the Chicago Reader music listings, just for fun, and
discovered that Aaron Burton, James Cotton and J.W. Williams were listed
as playing in Chicago this week.

Back in my Chicago days I played and toured with all of them. I played with Aaron at quite a
few clubs back then and he was part of the gang at the old Kingston Mines on Lincoln.

James Cotton is one of the greatest harmonica players of all time and it was a real privilege to have played in his band.

J. W. Williams was the bassist and singer in the Chi-Town Hustlers when we played and toured.

If you check my post about the Chi-Town Hustlers you'll find a link to some live recordings we made back then.

New Directions

It's not easy to find something different in the wake of not being able to do what I do, perform. I've decided to revert back to my...